Aldo Bassi began his jazz career playing in the best orchestras in Rome, from the one of Bruno Biriaco, to that of Alberto Corvini and many others. In 1992 he set up the “Bassi-Giuliani Quintet” with Rosario Giuliani, with whom he recorded the cd “L’Incontro”.
In 1998 he formed the “Aldo Bassi Quartet”, a project that only includes original jazz compositions with which he recorded the cd “Distances” in 1999.
In May 2001 he created with his quartet the cd “Muah!” Published in 2004 with two exceptional guests: Rick Margitza and Antonello Salis.
In 2004 he was called to be part of the Italian National Jazz Orchestra.
In 2005 he was called to be part of the “PMJO” Parco Della Musica Jazz Orchestra of the Rome Auditorium conducted by Maurizio Giammarco, who still sees him engaged in concerts all over the world.
During his career he has collaborated in the production of numerous soundtracks for cinema and television with the best Italian masters such as: E. Morricone, P. Piccioni, R. Serio, M. De Sica etc..
He taught for years at I.A.L.S. (courses for professionals subsidized by the Lazio Region), at the S. Louis in Rome, at the Roman Academy of Music and in other schools in Rome.
Since 2004 he teaches trumpet and jazz trombone, and jazz ensemble music at the Frosinone conservatory.
He has directed the St. Louis Big Band and the Daila Big Band of Rome for years.
Currently he also teaches jazz at the Benevento conservatory
Franco and Dino Piana, Oscar Valdambrini, Tullio De Piscopo, Tony Scott, Maurizio Giammarco, Roberto Gatto, Gianni Savelli, Enrico Rava, Donald Harrison, Gary Bartz, Steve Turre, Steve Grossman, George Garzone, Benny Golson, Rick Margitza, Kenny Wheeler , Norma Winston, Mike Stern, Uri Caine, Maria Schneider etc. etc.
Umbria Jazz 88-92-93-06-07, Tagliacozzo Jazz, Jazz & Image many times, Pisa Jazz, Monaco Jazz Fest., Terracina Jazz several times, Anzio Jazz, Latina April Jazz, Bussi Jazz, Termoli Jazz, Malta jazz, Celano Jazz, Alberobello jazz, Sannio Jazz, Roccella Jonica Jazz, Atina Jazz, Berchidda Jazz, Barcelona Jazz festival, Linz Jazz festival, Italian Jazz Festival of Buenos Aires, North Sea Jazz Festeval, Nantes jazz festival etc.
Discography in its own name
- “L’INCONTRO” Bassi-Giuliani Quintet 1996 COCCINELLA
- “DISTANZE” Aldo Bassi Quartet 2000 SURABAYA MUSIC
- “MUAH!” Aldo Bassi Quartet 2004 CONCERTONE
- “SIRIO” A. Bassi – A. Bravo Duo 2007 EFFEMUSIC
- “New Research” Aldo Bassi Quartet 2010 Believe Digital
- “SOLO” Aldo Bassi 2012 Believe Digital
- “Three Notes” Aldo Bassi Metal Jazz Trio 2013 EUNOTE
- “Red Spot” Aldo Bassi Light Big Band 2013 indipendente
- Trumpet diploma at the Conservatory of Santa Cecilia in Rome;
- Level II diploma in classical trumpet musical disciplines at the Campobasso Conservatory;
- Jazz Diploma at the Conservatory of Frosinone;
- Level II Diploma in Jazz musical disciplines at the Campobasso Conservatory.